Danshir, LLC and Danshir Property Management, LLC v. Greater New York Mutual Insurance Company
UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF ILLINOIS
Case No. 21-CV-01158
• A proposed Settlement has been reached in a class action about whether Greater New York Mutual Insurance Company properly deducted nonmaterial depreciation when adjusting certain insurance claims in Illinois.
• You may be eligible for a payment if you qualify and timely submit a valid Claim Form.
• Your legal rights are affected whether you act or don’t act. Please read the Notice carefully.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OPTIONS UNDER THIS SETTLEMENT:
|SUBMIT A CLAIM FORM||The only way to get a payment.|
|ASK TO BE EXCLUDED||You get no payment. This is the only option that allows you to individually sue the Insurer over the claims resolved by this Settlement.|
|OBJECT||Write to the Court about why you don’t agree with the Settlement.|
|GO TO A HEARING||Ask to speak in Court about the Settlement.|
|DO NOTHING||You get no payment. You give up rights.|
• These rights and options—and the deadlines to exercise them—are explained in the Notice.
• The Court in charge of this case still has to decide whether to approve the settlement. If it does, and if any appeals are resolved in favor of the settlement, then money will be distributed to those who timely submit claims and qualify for payment. Please be patient.